15 August 2015

Investigators and Potential Baptisms - 3 AUG 2015

3 AUG 2015

Hey Mom!

They are ALREADY done with summer break!!!! How is that even possible? haha you guys just finished school I thought! Wow haha.. anyway, to answer your question definitely lesson one about the restoration because that is the message different from all others (Brandee asked him what his favorite lesson to teach was and why). When we share the first vision the Spirit comes and they can't deny the feelings that come. If this message isn't true then the Book of Mormon isn't true and our church isn't true, but all of it is.

We have been pretty busy this week though.. Tuesday we had our first zone conference with Presidente Casariego (which is an all day thing) and I ended up buying a better jacket that day too. Then the next day were tramites, where we have to go to Neuquen to do passport stuff, but they sent me with Elder Lyman so I was talking with him all day because I went on splits to his area afterward. While Elder Lopez was in our area, they visited an investigator that we talked with a while back and they put a fecha (date) with her for the 15th! Thursday we visited "L" and taught him about the Family Proclamation and law of chastity (he's gotten about everything now) and he will be getting baptized THIS Saturday. He just overthinks everything a lot :P Friday finally came the asignaciones so we had money again and we were FINALLY able to start the mission shirts. We happened to find a new place that could do it, because the place we were going to was never open (even when the sign said it should've been :P). Saturday was interesting.. I'll get back to that. Yesterday we had church and "L" went like normal but only him this week :/ I'm not sure what happened.. that night we had ward counsel (the first since I've been here) and now its P-Day. We planned on doing a fun P-Day activity with the whole zone but everything fell through.. dang it haha.
Elder Sulzen, Elder Curtis, and Elder Bramell
So, on Thursday we also went to visit "M". we did the baptism interview before so she could get a feel for what its like (She is completely ready btw) She knows or at least believes in everything we have taught... but she hasn't told her family she wants to be baptized... so I guess she has family coming this week and is going to tell them then. So in other words, she wasn't baptized this week. Saturday I went with Elder Lyman so he could do the official interview with the mindset that she was getting baptized that day.  Some of us fasted and we said a prayer with a bunch of Elders before leaving but she still wants to wait.

One thing she said though is that she knows that "el camino....es la mormona" so we know she will be baptized, but of course I was feeling disappointed, but at the same time, during the interview I kept getting this feeling that she had to wait so that her family could attend the baptism.. so I let it go and put the goal to be baptized this next Saturday.  She said it was a little fast but I know she can do it.

That has been the theme of this week though so far. Im doing good though, I totally forgot to take the picture though, Ill have to write it down, but I love you Mom. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing good! I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment