28 June 2015

Catching Up in Roca - 15 JUN 2015

15 JUN 2015

Hey Dad!

Yeah Stake Conference was this week and the Lovells were there too! It was super good, we had a general authority there from the 70, Elder Salez. He gave really good talks. This week was also the end of the short transfer so I'm staying here with Elder Lopez for one more transfer. I feel like that will be good for a few of the investigators we have, we have good chemistry when we teach and I'm sure we will have some more success this transfer! Its weird to think about, but my comp mentioned that after this transfer we will be getting close to General Conference again!!! I will be working on 9 months too, I don't understand how fast the mission goes.. haha. Its funny though you don't realize exactly what a mission is like until your doing one haha. It sounds like the Hermanas in the ward are great, tell them I say hi haha.

We have been singing in choir too! The choir director Hno Jose Martinez asked us if we could help (Because they dont have any bases) so I've been singing the other end of the spectrum for now haha. We sang yesterday in conference too so I'm sure its going to be that way for a while.

I cant believe that Curtis just needs the interviews (before getting his mission call)... well AND turn 18...but I seriously CAN'T believe it! I remember being at home doing the same thing like it was only a couple months ago... So weird.

I bet you are an awesome Mission leader! Especially if your always so busy studying all that stuff! I'm sure that is just a part of the blessings we will get. Last night we were watching a church movie with a member called "The Mountain of the Lord" and it was AWESOME! It's about the construction of the Salt Lake Temple. They also explain why temples are important and toward the end it showed the rooms inside the temple and the spirit hit me super hard and I just felt grateful for our opportunity we had to get sealed. If you guys can find it, watch it for a Family Home Evening or something because its seriously worth it.  I feel like you guys are getting a lot more spiritual too haha. I'm sure mom would love it.

It is getting colder here but mainly due to the wind nothing more.  It has rained a few times but its nothing unbearable haha. Neither is the work.  We have been struggling to find some of our investigators but I feel like we are still doing good, so hopefully Ican let you know soon.

Well dad, I love you and I hope everyone is doing good! I'll talk to you soon!


Hey Mom!

I've actually been on the computer for an hour already but I have been figuring out my pendrive, (it is somewhat messed up) but I'm doing good. Um as far as our newest investigators, we have two that we think are our best hopes right now. The first is an older lady named Mari. We started contacting in the morning and the third house we knocked at was hers. We ended up being late for lunch that day haha. She believes in Christ and everything and is really open to our lessons. We taught her some about the Plan of Salvation and left her a Libro de Mormon. She has started reading it and wants to go to church this week! She was even talking about tea with us and she told us she wasn't sure which you should or shouldn't drink haha so she is really prepared. The other investigator is named Lucio. He is actually the brother of Soledad (an older investigator). We ended up talking forever to him too and when he was telling us what he believed, it was all the plan of salvation haha The only thing he was missing were the degrees of glory! He is also excited to attend church this week and the next lesson will be on the restauracion, so we are feeling good! Hopefully I can tell you all about them next week when they attend haha. Oh and Stake conference was good too, we had Elder Salez from the 70 come and talk both days and it was super good!

For your name (Brandee is working on ideas for Trek) I like "Forward in Faith" and to be creative with it the Fs could be pioneers pushing the cart and the rest of the letters would be in the cart! Like the 2 lines going sideways would be their arms for instance, just an idea haha. One thing you really learn to appreciate on the mission a lot more is the pioneers. (Mostly because the majority of the movies we can watch in the mission are about them :P) This Trek will be something you guys will always remember because really all the stuff they went through and the faith they had is really incredible. I for sure am greatfull for them now, I'm not sure I could endure all that..

Anyway I almost forgot transfers are today! I'm still with Elder Lopez but Elder Lyman is going to train a newbie! Plus Elder Alonzo from my first transfer is the next Assistant to the President! That was super crazy to hear haha, it makes me wonder whats in store for me here in the mission.. anyway, Elder De la Serna went to Neuquen yesterday with all of the missionaries going home. They leave for home Wednesday.  I'm not sure if that is when The Lovells are going to leave but it will be soon. This new transfer will be 2 months long now.  So ya! Im sure this transfer we will have success.

I'm super glad to hear all your stories from back home, I could totally imagine that story with the cousins hahaha. I love you mom and I'll keep you updated! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment